Anjuna Beach-Best Tourist Attraction
Posted July 16, 2011on:
Goa beaches are famous not only in India but all over the world. With its sun-kissed beaches, Goa becomes the center of attraction and proves to be the best in the world. Sea, Beaches, Palm Fringed Bays, Night Parties and Cuisine are some of the best features of Goa Tourism. You can visit beaches of North-Goa and South-Goa. Some of the famous beaches are: Candolim Beach, Sinquerim Beach, Baga Beach, Bambolim Beach, Vagator Beach, Palolem Beach, Calangute beach and many more.
Among all the beaches, most famous among tourists is Anjuna Beach situated in North-Goa. It is the right place to spend time with your partner or family. It is famous for its flea market and the full-moon beach parties that continue through out the night. Goa Tour Packages provides you the best resorts and hotels near the Anjuna beach side.
Anjuna beach flea market is held on every Wednesday. If you are good at bargaining, you can take away lot of good stuff with you at a very low price. You can also get Goan cuisine especially mouth-watering prawns. A moonlight walk along the beachside with your partner is the best option for honeymoon couples to make their evening more romantic.
Major attractions of Anjuna Beach
• Chapora Fort: Chopra Fort, named by the river Chopra that was built by Adil Shah, the ruler of Bijapur. It is made up of red laterite stone and situated near the Anjuna Beach.
• Wednesday Flea Market: Flea Market near Anjuna Beach opened on every Wednesday and starts around every 11 a.m and lasts till the sunset. This market is famous for music cassettes, artificial ornaments carvings, funky T-shirts, European snacks, Tibetan, Kashmiri and Gujarati trinkets and handicrafts. The best thing is if you want to open a shop there, you can do so at the cost of approximately Rs 100.
• Paradiso Club: Paradiso is famous for hippie crowd. It has very impressive dance floor and bar section at the entrance. You can enjoy drink sitting along the campfires which burns bright entire night. These parties are the best place for entertainment and complete fun.
• Albuquerque Mansion: Albuquerque Mansion is the major attraction at Anjuna Beach. It was built in 1920 with octagonal towers and attractive Mangalore tile – roof.
• Mascarenhas Mansion: Mascarenhas Mansion is situated in North Goa. It serves as major landmarks at Anjuna Beach. Ancient monuments lies in their unique architectural pattern make it more attractive among tourists.
• Rave parties: Anjuna Beach is famous for its late full moon night rave parties.
Anjuna Beach also offers fresh fruits like pineapple, watermelon and local growing coconuts. It is also famous for semi open-air, thatched palm leaf affairs, specializing in fish and western food. There are also some Yoga and Ayurvedic centers available at Anjuna Beach.
Anjuna Beach is the best tourist attraction among all the beaches of Goa.